Friday, July 20, 2007

They try. Man, how they try.

For context. I live in a flat with some cats and things and also Johan Gasmask. He's my special friend, I suppose, well, a closer friend now than in times past. He's got a great sense of humor, and is an excellent cook. But anyway.

So today I was reading a wikipedia article on 1984, and snickered at the following:

However, Orwell may also have been influenced by Nazi Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring, who once, in a debatable hyperbolic display of loyalty to Adolf Hitler, declared, "If the Führer wants it, two and two make five!" [2]

In other news, it's July 20th, the anniversary of another friend's Ill fated attempt on the Fuhrer. Because wiring a bomb is a lot more effective if you have both eyes and all your fingers.

He reminds me a bit of Nelson in that way, except cuter. Nelson spoiled it with a certain psychotic air. Not that I know from experience. I was screwing up the first time. Well the first time that matters. But that's another angst for another time.

Stauffy, we salute you. You tried dammit. Effort for teh win.

*double checks briefcase*

P.S. -- I love this one:

The song "The Panama Deception" by Anti-Flag begins with the text "Their two plus two does not equal four. Their two plus two equals whatever they want us to die for."

No comments:

Post a Comment